Ogden, Utah is home to three ski resorts which are mere minutes from its downtown area. This makes for a ski mecca for locals, and the ultimate ski vacation for winter sports enthusiasts worldwide. Each ski resort in the area is unique in what it has to offer visitors.
- Wolf Mountain Ski Area: This Utah ski resort, in Eden Utah, is the perfect destination for the beginner skier or those wanting a family friendly adventure. It is a great location for the pocketbook since it is Utah's most budget friendly resort. As an extra bonus, this resort has Utah's largest night skiing venues with the entire mountain being lit up!
- Powder Mountain: Eden, Utah also hosts the largest ski resort in the country. It has approximately seven thousand acres of land to explore. Because of its massive size it is not uncommon to find only one skier per square mile. Known to the locals as "Pow Mow," this resort has award winning powder and even a snowkiting area. This mountain is also an outstanding destination for snowboarders. It was the first resort in Utah to welcome them to their slopes!
- Snowbasin Ski Resort: Snowbasin became world renown Utah ski resort in 2002 when it was blessed with hosting four events during the Winter Olympics. This mountain, in Huntsville, Utah, is home to beginner and expert runs that extend over three thousand skiable acres. It has programs for children and adaptive skiers. Kids under six ski free. There is also a state licensed daycare center in place for tots, six months and older, who aren't quite ready to hit the slopes.
For those that wait all year to see that first snowflake, the Ogden Utah area is heaven on earth. These three resorts would make buying real estate here a pretty easy decision, but there are also nine other Utah ski resorts within an hour drive of Ogden Valley! This is a winter lovers paradise.
There is also quite a few perks to buying a home near an Ogden Utah ski resort, rather than renting a place for each visit.
- Community: Towns with a rich history of ski sports have a huge bond. The people know what it means to sneak off to the mountain when there is twelve inches of fresh powder.
- Convenience: Instead of having to pack up all the snow gear, food, and other amenities, it is always available in the home. It is like a furnished hotel room with familiar settings and an actual homey feeling to it.
- Special Event Pad: The next time there is a family event, your extra piece of real estate is always ready and waiting. The family’s next reunion just got a brand new home! Need a beautiful setting for a friends wedding? Bingo! Just saved hundreds of dollars on a venue.
- Retirement Home: Not everyone is looking for hot, sweaty, humid beaches to retire on. The Ogden Valley boasts a cozy summer average of only 76 degrees! And owning real estate in the area is more cost effective than in a town known as a retirement community.
- Local Pricing: The power of so many tourists coming to enjoy our Utah ski resorts, transfers over to the locals in the form of reduced prices. If the locals didn't exist, then the ski resorts could not function. In appreciation, there can be reduced ski packages, free drinks, low priced kids meals, and various other benefits just by proving you live in the area.
Deciding to buy real estate near a favorite past time is a fun endeavor. If your passion is winter sports, Odgen Valley has it all in our ski resorts. It is a friendly, affordable, and fun place to live. Contact Darin Mich’l at 1-801-888-1800 to help you find the best place for your lifetime vacation getaway.
Learm more about Ogden, Utah and the Valley